Paragon's newest kiln is the oval Ovation-10.
Paragon’s newest glass kiln is the glistening Ovation-10. It will inspire you to make glass. It is rugged, reliable, and designed to last. Enjoy fusing, slumping, pate de verre, and painting in this large production kiln.
If you have been firing a smaller kiln, you will be amazed at the space inside the Ovation-10. Fire several large projects such as bowls or platters in one load.
Dual spring-assisted lid supports transfer the weight of the lid to a massive hinge assembly on the back of the kiln. This reduces the stress on the kiln wall for the long life that Paragon kilns are famous for.
The Ovation-10 lid elements use an element groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins. The sidewall element coils are protected in dropped, recessed grooves.
The advanced digital Sentry 2.0 12-key controller is standard on the Ovation-10.
Features of the Sentry 2.0 12-key Controller on Paragon Glass Kilns
- Add Time Key adds five minutes to a temperature hold with each key press during firing.
- Set the temperature alarm to remind yourself to check the glass through a peephole near firing completion.
- Design programs with up to 18 segments (steps).
- Store 4 custom programs in memory.
- Stop/Back Key goes back one step with each key press during programming to correct errors.
- Program a delay start time to suit the convenience of your schedule.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- 30 month warranty on the Sentry 2.0
- Skip a segment during firing.
- Temperature hold
- Control the temperature and rate during both heating and cooling.
- Use Program Safety Lock to prevent anyone from tampering with the program in active memory.
- Temperature displays throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
The 5.2 cubic foot Ovation-10 interior is 41” wide, 11 1/4” high, and 22.5” deep and includes a heating element in the sidewalls. Enjoy enhanced heat control with fusing, slumping, and embossing. The Ovation-10 fires on 240 volts.
Exterior Dimensions: 50" wide x 39 1/2" deep x 29" high (height includes 9" tall stand)
Retail price: $2195
- Maximum temperature: 1700°F
- 3”-thick firebricks in the walls, top and floor for solid construction and slow natural cooling
- Heating elements in top mounted in pinless grooves
- Heating elements in the lower sidewalls
- ¼” heavy duty sheathed Type-K thermocouple
- Lock-in lid support
- Full-formed galvanized steel base for extra strength
- Louvered switch box, heavy duty wiring
- Two front tapered peepholes with plugs for a wide view
The Fusion-10 Furniture Kit
Glass must be fired on a ceramic shelf; never directly on the kiln firing chamber bottom.
Furniture Kit retail is $150. Part number: FSOVAL
1 - 20” x 20” x 5/8” Shelf
2 - 20” Round Half Shelves
12 - 1” Square x ½” High Posts
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator
The Ovation-10 will inspire you to make glass. It is rugged, reliable, and designed to last.