Paragon CS-19D Glass Fusing Kiln
Paragon’s square CS-19D digital glass clamshell kiln is easy to load since the entire top section lifts out of the way.
Explore the wonderful world of fusing by making glass murals, small glass bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Imagine creating glass whenever you want in your own Paragon kiln. Try out the newest glass techniques that you see in magazines or at seminars. Enjoy glittering dichroic glass. Make gifts that your loved ones will treasure. When you own an innovative Paragon CS-19D clamshell, you can experiment with glass fusing to your heart’s content. The possibilities are endless. Imagine living the lifestyle of a glass artist.
Deluxe Ceramic Fiber Lid
The CS-19D heats from the top for even heat distribution across the glass surface. The lid elements are completely embedded in a deluxe, lightweight ceramic fiber lid. The lid has no grooves. This does away with element pins and helps eliminate dust inside the kiln. Note: A firebrick lid is not available for the CS-19D because of the heavier weight.
Kiln Lifts Out of the Way for Hassle-Free Loading
The CS-19D is dual-opening: You can open the kiln by lifting the kiln body and lid together or by lifting only the lid. Lift the kiln body out of the way to assemble glass directly on the shelf; open the lid to load glass over a slumping mold.
Since the kiln lifts up and out of the way, you can assemble glass inside the kiln directly onto a shelf. Add stringers and frit to delicate designs without having to move the glass again. When the kiln is full, merely lower the kiln over the shelf.
The kiln is easy to open because of three counter-weight springs mounted under the base. The kiln base extends 4” in the back to support the weight of the kiln when in the open position. The base comes with mar-proof rubber feet.
When opening the CS-19D kiln body, the body and lid must stay together. The kiln is equipped with safety latches on the side: The gravity-operated top latch holds the lid closed when lifting the body; the lever-operated bottom latch holds the kiln body closed when lifting the lid.
Protective Steel Lid Cover
Look at the details of a Paragon, and you will find ideas that were born of common sense. The top of the lid is protected with a painted sheetmetal cover. The sheetmetal is bent to cover the sides of the lid and then welded at the corners. You will be amazed at the sturdy construction and attention to detail that has made Paragon kilns renowned among glass fusers. The self-adjusting lid floats at fusing temperatures to maintain contact with the kiln body.
Reliability at the Heart of the Kiln
The CS-19D has a two-year warranty. The temperature sensor, or thermocouple, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long, trouble-free life. A heavy steel base supports the reversible brick bottom completely. These features are extra assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last. No extra stand is needed.
For your convenience, flip a switch to turn off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use. The large, comfortable wooden handles on the lid and kiln stay cool to the touch.
The CS-19D is painted with a durable high temperature, water-base finish. We use water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution. As you can see, Paragon is an employee-focused manufacturer.
Note: The bead door and high-temperature glass window are not available on the CS-19D. However, they are available on the CS-19S.
The Ease of Digital Firing
You will enjoy the convenience of digital firing. The reliable solid-state Sentry Xpress controller continually monitors the firing so you do not need to closely watch the kiln. (Please remember, however, to check the kiln occasionally during firing and to monitor it near the expected shutoff time.) You can try a demonstration of the controller on your computer by clicking here.
Paragon’s innovative controller will help you achieve consistent results from one firing to the next. It will put you in control. The controller has powerful features that you will enjoy using. Yet the controller is also easy to learn to operate. It comes with an detailed, colorful instruction manual and Quick Start card.
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon CS-series Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- For simple projects such as pendants, fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the annealing segment after the glass has fused.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Program an alarm that will remind you to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review all the controller features in more detail.
Paragon kilns are made in America to exacting standards. For your peace of mind, kilns go through a 15-step, rigorous inspection before they are crated and shipped. The Paragon factory is near a major shipping route in the South Central US, which reduces shipping costs and delivery time. This cost savings is passed on directly to you. During business hours, calls are answered by a customer service professional. Your call is too valuable to be sent to an answering system.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.