The digital Xpress J-14-1 is popular for heating jewelry molds. The kiln is made of ceramic fiber for fast heating and cooling. The digital controller yields consistent quality jewelry molds. It is a real time-saver. Set the controller and spend your time working on jewelry instead of monitoring the kiln. The Xpress J-14-1 operates on 120 volts. Maximum temperature is 1700° F.
The firing chamber is a one-piece ceramic fiber shell with embedded elements. For greater thermal efficiency, the space between the steel case and the ceramic fiber shell is filled with extra ceramic fiber insulation.
The Xpress J-14 comes with a vent hole and steel cover in the top and door. The door seals tightly with a heavy spring latch. The controls, located in the base, stay cool for long life. No extra stand is needed.
The Xpress J-14-1 is available with an optional wax tray for lost wax casting.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.