The digital automatic TnF-82-3 Paragon kiln is large enough for most ceramic projects. Figured at cost per cubic foot, it is among our lowest priced hobby kilns. It uses the same circuit size as most of our studio kilns. Upgrade to a larger kiln later without having to install a new circuit.
This kiln now features the easy-access drop down switch box. Remove two screws, and the box, hinged at the bottom, opens forward for easy maintenance. The kiln features a top row of 2” high blank wall bricks. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading than a grooved brick.
The TnF-82-3 is made of 3” thick firebrick in the lid, walls and bottom. It is designed for porcelain, stoneware, low-fire ceramics, china paint, decals and gold.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
You will be amazed at the convenience of digital firing. The reliable solid-state Sentry controller continually monitors the firing so you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. (Please remember, however, to check the kiln during firing and to monitor it near the expected shutoff time.) The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
The controller has powerful features that you will enjoy using. Yet we have also worked hard to make the controller user-friendly.
Do you ever wonder how much electricity your kiln uses? The digital controller can figure this for you with the press of a button. Find out how little a kiln actually costs to fire. Learn to conserve energy by experimenting with firing speed, load density, etc.
The heat of the kiln is magical and offers wonderful surprises. Ceramic glazes undergo a complete transformation in the kiln. Opening a kiln to view your treasures is a festive moment that you will never outgrow. Artists have said, “Woohooo! Opening a kiln is a celebration!”
Features of the TnF-82-3 Digital Kiln
- Sentry 12 Key Digital Controller, made by Orton Ceramic Foundation
- This model includes a lid safety switch.
- Long-life electrical system with high temperature wire
- Lock-in lid support with a positive catch
- 2 wide-view tapered peepholes
- Ventilated, louvered switch box
- 2 hand lifts
- Heavy duty kiln stand with mar-proof plastic feet
- Full-formed, galvanized steel base covers the entire brick bottom
- Fall-away two stage Prop-R-Vent for venting the ware
- Coated lid, peepholes and rim of firebricks for extended firebrick life
- Operating instructions on switch box
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case
- Full firing capacity: fire ware directly on the brick bottom
- Reversible brick bottom
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves help prevent element bulging; eliminate the need for element pins; make changing the element easier and faster than some competing models that require element pins.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Have something good to say about the TNF823? Tell Us