Paragon SC-3 Silver & Glass Kiln with Glass Window
The digital SC-3 kiln fires silver clay, decals, china paint, enameling, and glass in minutes up to 2000°F. The SC-3 is popular with seminar teachers because it fires so fast, plugs into a 120 volt outlet, and is easy to sell.
The SC-3 has been in production since 1998. It is a proven design that we have steadily refined every year. Artists in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan love their SC-3.
The SC-3, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly affordable. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay silver to its recommended time.
The ceramic fiber firing chamber is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the layer of air between it and the inner case. In addition, the case is slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even at extended hold times.
The 6 1/2” wide bead door includes a brushed stainless steel mandrel holder. The 1” x 3” window is beveled for a wide view of the kiln interior. Watch your project turn bright red through the window, which is guaranteed up to 2300°F. (Note: Always wear firing safety glasses when viewing the kiln interior.)
The fast firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. The SC-3 heats from the two sides and back. It includes a top vent for lost wax casting.
Each SC-3 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
- On/off safety switch
- Built-in base; no extra stand needed
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- The case is slotted for air circulation
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times
- The embedded element heats from the two sides and back
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Optional glass view port
- Optional 6 1/2” wide bead door with mandrel holder
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Segment and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on the SC-3
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Segment mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip Segment feature in Ramp-Hold mode
- Temperature hold
- The Sentry Xpress can control both heating and cooling.
- Program Review lets you check that the program you are about to fire is correct.
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
The SC-3 can now ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Have something good to say about the SC3 with Bead Dr and Window? Tell Us
"I am a metalsmith and glass artist. I did a ton of research when shopping around for my kiln. I needed something that could do just about anything and considered several options. I chose the Paragon SC-3 kiln as it looked to be the most versatile, and almost every glass artist I spoke with expressed that Paragon is a great company. With such a good reputation, I was fairly confident in my purchase choice, and I have been very pleased with my kiln. It handles my enameling, PMC firing, functions quite well for flask burn-out for lost wax casting, and is an awesome glass fusing/glass bead annealing oven. I chose the model with a bead door and the door window so I can visually monitor my work while fusing PMC firing.
"This little kiln really can do it all. With it’s 7 ½” X 7 ½” X 8” interior, it’s large enough for all my projects, yet still runs on a normal 120V outlet. I love that it is small enough to take to classes & art fairs and can hold up to 4 shelves of work. I wasn’t sure I would like embedded coils, but I have found that it provides for a little extra safety when I’m teaching classes, because there is less potential to for shock. The programmable digital Sentry Express has plenty of program memory & was real easy to learn to navigate. I can even use the kiln for small to medium sized glass blowing operations that I do on my large torch, without worrying about cracked pieces.
"The SC-3 is the best 'all around' little powerhouse kiln and meets/exceeds all my studio needs. Additionally, Paragon has a great website with lots of training videos available to their customers, and their customer service people were really friendly when I initially called with all my questions. I couldn’t be happier with this purchase!" - Teresa Perry, Ohio