Paragon SC-3 Silver & Glass Kiln with Bead Door
The digital SC-3 kiln fires silver clay, decals, china paint, enameling, and glass in minutes up to 2000°F. The SC-3 is popular with seminar teachers because it fires fast, plugs into a standard 120 volt household outlet, ships by UPS, and is large enough to fire many pieces.
The SC-3 has been in production since 1998. It is a proven design that we have steadily refined every year. Artists in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan love their SC-3.
The SC-3, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly affordable. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay silver to its recommended time.
The 6 1/2” wide bead door includes a brushed stainless steel mandrel holder. The high-tech ceramic fiber firing chamber is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the layer of air between it and the inner case. In addition, the case is slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even at extended hold times.
The fast-firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. The SC-3 heats from the sides and back. Each SC-3 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
- 6 1/2”-wide bead door with brushed stainless steel mandrel holder
- On/off safety switch
- Built-in base; no extra stand needed
- Door opens 180 degrees
- The case is slotted for air circulation
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times
- The embedded element heats from the two sides and back
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Optional glass view port
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Segment and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on the SC-3
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Segment mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip Segment feature in Ramp-Hold mode
- Temperature hold
- The Sentry Xpress can control both heating and cooling.
- Program Review lets you check that the program you are about to fire is correct.
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
The SC-3 can ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.