Paragon Fusion-10 Glass Fusing Kiln
The 10-sided Fusion-10 will open a world of creativity for you. Fire silk-screening on glass, fire decals, paint with frit and stringers, fuse recycled bottles. Experiment with glass weaving. Make loads of glass pendants.
Even Heat Distribution from the Top and Sides
The Fusion-10 firebrick lid heating elements are seated in pinless grooves. A sidewall element, which is protected in recessed firebrick wall grooves, adds to temperature uniformity.
The standard insulating firebrick top on the Fusion-10 can be upgraded to the optional deluxe ceramic fiber top. The fiber top is noted for keeping the kiln interior especially clean. Both tops have the same pinless element grooves.
18” Tall Stand, Galvanized Base Plate
An 18” tall stand comes standard on the Fusion-10. The stand raises the kiln to a comfortable height for loading and operation.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
Optional Glass Window
Many people consider the optional high temperature glass 1” x 3” window to be indispensable. You can watch every stage of fusing and slumping, from softening, to tack fuse, to full fuse, through the window at your convenience. By watching the glass, even beginners can fine-tune a digital program for precise results. When you see the glass fuse like you had envisioned, write down the temperature displayed on the controller for future firings. (Always wear firing safety glasses while watching the glass through the window. We recommend green #3 glasses.)
Dual Mechanical Relays
The Fusion-10 has dual mechanical relays for extra reliability. They send power to the elements on signal from the digital controller. Two relays last longer than the single relay of some competitive kilns because less amperage goes through each relay.
Optional Deluxe Mercury Relays
Order your new kiln with the quiet, reliable mercury relay instead of the standard mechanical relays. The life of a mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles. Mercury relays far outlast the standard mechanical relays and are optional on new kilns.
The digital Sentry Xpress 3 key controller comes standard on all Fusion-series kilns. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. The Fusion-10 comes with the ¼” Type-K, which is hermetically sealed in a high-nickel metal sheath for long life.
Detailed Instruction Manuals
Included with your kiln is a 28-page controller instruction manual, a quick start programming guide, a 48-page glass manual, and blank firing record sheets. The manuals have been painstakingly researched and are written in plain English, printed in two colors, and are fully illustrated.
Wooden Crate at No Extra Charge
To reduce freight damage, Paragon ships the Fusion-10 in a custom-built, carrier-approved wooden crate rather than the cardboard box that some of our competitors use. Because Paragon is in the central U.S. along a major shipping route, our shipping cost is often lower than that of our competition. We pass this savings on to you.
Paragon Customer Support
When you buy a Paragon kiln, you become a family member of the Texas factory. Call us during business hours, and you will actually hear a live person at the factory. Should you ever need help, we are here long after the sale.
We are open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Thursday. Our expanded hours allow us to serve customers in differing time zones. Not only can you phone us directly; we also have a wide network of repair technicians throughout the U.S.
And, of course, Paragon kilns are made in America by skilled workers. Fifty-one percent of them have been with Paragon for over a decade.
Have something good to say about the FUSION10? Tell Us
"I bought my Fusion 10 about two years ago, and it is my favourite piece of technology! It has not missed a beat since it arrived, and it helps me produce some fantastic pieces. I have looked at other kilns but always come back to the Paragon." - Leigh Bell, Sydney Australia