1) The kiln’s switch box fuse helps protect the digital controller from power surges.
2) The transformer reduces the power to 24 volts AC. The controller operates on 24 volts.
3) The digital temperature controller controls the temperature you are firing to and the rate of temperature change.
4) The thermocouple senses the firing chamber temperature.
5) Relays turn the heating elements on and off to maintain the correct heating and cooling rate. The relays receive a signal from controller.
6) The heating elements are activated by the relays.