1) Unplug the kiln. Remove the electrical box on the back of the QuikFire by removing the two screws holding it to the muffle-band.
2) The cord wires are attached to the element connectors and to the grounding screw. Remove the green wire that is fastened to the grounding screw.
3) Hold an element connector with locking pliers such as Vice Grips. With a 1/4" nut driver, remove the brass screw that holds the cord wire to that element connector. Do not disturb the stainless screw, which holds the element wire to the connector.
4) Remove the other cord wire the same way as in step 3.
5) Remove the old cord from the switch box.
6) Install the new cord to the switch box.
7) Attach the cord wires to the element connectors. Make sure the connections are tight. Attach the green wire to the grounding screw.
8) Reattach the switch box to the muffle-band, making sure that you position the wires in such a way that they do not touch the muffle when the switch box is moved back into place.