1) Insert the project into the QuikFire. Place the muffle over the project. Prop the muffle with a 1/2” or 1” post.
2) Plug the QuikFire into the PCB-1 control box. Plug the PCB-1 into the wall outlet.
3) Turn the QuikFire switch to the On position. Turn the PCB-1 to #2 for 5 minutes. Lower the muffle from vented position.
4) Raise the heat setting to #3 for another 5 minutes.
5) Raise the heat setting to either #5 or Max.
6) When the temperature shown on the pyrometer indicates that slumping is starting, lift the muffle 1/2" and look inside for a second using firing safety glasses. Lower the muffle. Keep checking the glass every minute or so.
7) When slumping is done, turn off the PCB-1.
8) When the temperature drops to 1000 deg. F, turn the PCB-1 to #2 for 5 minutes. Then turn OFF and allow to cool to room temperature before opening the muffle.