Paragon F-240 Lamp Working Kiln
Anneal large glass figurines in the digital F-240 lamp working kiln. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to insert a glass figurine with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rods extend outside the firing chamber through the smaller punty rod doors. This allows even large glass pieces to anneal safely.
Punty rod doors retain the heat
Both punty rod doors have a 4” x 15” door opening, which gives plenty of room to work with. Because of a gap under the punty rod doors, you can close them all the way even when mandrels extend past the firing chamber. Two layers of woven gaskets under each door help to hold in the heat. Rare-earth magnets hold the punty rod doors in the open and closed positions. To help retain heat, the ceramic fiber punty rod doors are two inches thick.
The F-240 is made from 3” thick insulating firebricks in the top and 2 ½” thick firebricks in the walls and bottom. A firebrick ledge extends past the punty rod doors as a handy working surface.
For your safety the F-240 is rigorously tested by TUV to meet UL and CSA standards. TUV is Germany’s leading testing lab. We can make the F-240 for any electrical system in the world. The F-240 includes a safety on/off switch for your convenience. Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base. No extra stand is needed for your kiln.
You can choose mechanical or mercury relays
The F-240 has two mechanical relays for long life. The relays turn on the heating elements after receiving a signal from the Sentry Xpress digital controller. The two relays last longer than a single relay, because less amperage goes through each relay. You can also order the F-240 with an industrial grade, heavy duty mercury relay for extra long life.
Digital temperature controller
Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller. The thermocouple, which senses the temperature, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long, trouble free life.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon Glass Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
Pinless element grooves
The F-series lid elements are threaded in pinless “keyhole” grooves in the top. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, rendering pins unnecessary.
- On/off switch
- Safety pilot light
- The element groove in the roof eliminates pins.
- 3” insulating refractory firebricks in the roof; 2 ½” firebricks in the walls and bottom
- The element is seated in the top of the kiln.
- Electrical components stay cool in a slotted base. No extra stand is needed.
- Long-life electrical system
- Coated roof for extra durability
- Precisely balanced spring-loaded vertical-drop door
- Double gaskets under the 2" thick punty rod doors
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Rare earth magnets hold the punty rod doors open or closed.
- Mechanical or deluxe mercury relays
- TUV tested to UL and CSA standards
- Pinless element grooves
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- Made in the USA.
- Shipped in a wooden crate.
Included with your kiln is a 16 page controller instruction manual and a quick start programming guide, all written in plain English and fully illustrated.
Durable wooden crate
There is no extra charge for crating. Inquire about the crating cost of a competitive kiln when figuring prices. Because Paragon is in the central U.S. along a major shipping route, our shipping cost is often lower than that of our competition. We pass this savings on to you.
Made in USA
The F-240 is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas USA. Every phone call received at the factory during business hours is answered by a live customer service representative who will direct your call to the appropriate person. We are open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Thursday. Our expanded hours allow us to serve customers in differing time zones. Call us—we look forward to hearing from you.